If you’re looking for new gadgets to improve your WFH life, we’ve got the scoop. From your trendy new AirPods case cover to show your style to chic sustainable blue light glasses, here’s our list of 10 innovative WFH gadgets to complete your home workspace for 2022.
- Cell Phone Stand — Is your cell phone just awkwardly sitting on your desk or on a pile of other stuff, ready to teeter off the edge? It’s time to get a designated cell phone stand to keep your phone upright. Still, even with the most practical cell phone stand, you’ll still want to be smart about getting a case for your smartphone, like a durable iPhone 13 case to protect your phone from drops and scratches. The reality is that one day you’re not going to be paying attention as you grab your phone off your desk or the stand, and you watch it hit the floor. With the right kind of case, you don’t have to worry as much.
- Wireless Earbuds — Don’t get all tangled up with wired headphones. Wireless earbuds not only make you feel like you’ve entered the future, but they’re also practical for working at home because they’re more comfortable and seamless. There are plenty of AirPods cases to customize your AirPods experience. Have fun with it, especially the next time you don’t have to actually sit at your desk for the meeting and can still hear the meeting with your wireless earbuds in your ears while staring at your open fridge at the same time.
- Reusable Smart Notebook — This isn’t just any kind of notebook. Step into the future with a reusable smart notebook so you can save paper and get a little more technical with your note-taking. Do your research to find the best notebook for you, depending on your needs or aesthetic preferences. Do you want one with a ring-bound option to look like your favorite notebook? How about one that’s pocket-sized for you to take on the go when you aren’t WFH? According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. generated over 67 million tons of paper waste in 2018. Time to start reducing your paper usage, and you can start with a reusable smart notebook.
- Ergonomic Wireless Mouse — According to Neil Carson, an ergonomics expert from the University of Minnesota, a flat mouse can cause you to experience discomfort on the top of your hand and across the top of your wrist. Instead, opt for an ergonomic wireless mouse. There are generally four types of ergonomic mice, including the most popular ergonomic horizontal mouse, the ergonomic vertical mouse, trackball mouse and even a pen mouse.
- Mini Humidifiers — Add moisture to the air with a mini humidifier. According to Medical News Today, humidifiers can be beneficial for anyone with dry skin, irritated eyes, allergies and sinus headaches, just to name a few benefits. Having a humidifier at your desk isn’t only great for the health benefits but also as an aesthetic way to add some peace to your day. There’s nothing more relaxing than watching the humidifier work its magic. Use a mini humidifier that has a USB rechargeable battery so all you have to do is plug it into your computer and you’re ready for round-the-clock bliss.
- Blue Light Glasses — Rest your eyes and put on a pair of sustainable blue light glasses. What makes blue light glasses sustainable, you ask? Sustainable blue light glasses not only protect against the harmful blue light spectrum but are also designed in ways that are more friendly to the Earth. Even if you’re not used to wearing glasses, rest assured you’ll want glasses that can reduce overexposure to the long-term health effects and disrupted sleeping patterns that blue light waves cause. You look smarter already.
- Adhesive Cable Clips — Instead of having your electronic wires and cables running all over the place, keep them neatly in one central area with adhesive cable clips. Say goodbye to the rat’s nest of cables from all of your devices with these cable organizers. Try ones that are small and self-adhesive so they can be placed anywhere. There are plenty of eco-friendly options out there, too, that use long-lasting plastic materials.
- Electronic Word Clock — Perhaps this one is more of a trendy aesthetic preference, but the electronic word clock is a seriously cool addition to any WFH desk. Instead of looking at the time on your monitor or on your phone, add a classic clock with a twist to your desk. The words illuminate to tell the time. Just plug it in and you’ll know that it’s five minutes past eleven.
- Wireless Speakers — Sometimes, your laptop speakers or even your trendy wireless earbuds are not enough. You want to jam out while you’re WFH, and we respect your right to get your groove on. Do it in style with the latest and greatest wireless speakers.
- LED Desk Lamp — Compared to bright overhead lights or even the glaring outdoor sun, an LED desk lamp can add just the right amount of brightness to make your eyes more comfortable when you’re sitting at your desk. According to Energy Star, there are plenty of benefits to using an LED desk lamp, including energy savings since LED lights are more efficient and you don’t have to worry about harmful UV emission either.
With any of these 10 innovative WFH gadgets, your workspace will be complete with everything you need to be your most productive self.